The first visit to the pediatric dentist should be scheduled by your child’s first birthday. Both the American Academy of Pediatric Dentists and the American Academy of Pediatricians agree that this visit at age one is important to evaluate your child’s dental health.
At your young child’s first visit:
* We will carefully examine your child’s teeth and gums.
* If your child is ready, we will clean and polish his or her teeth.
* We may need to take digital X-rays to find decay and check on the development of your child’s permanent teeth.
* We may apply fluoride to help protect your child’s teeth
* We will discuss your child’s oral health and habits with you and make sure we understand everything there is to know about your child’s health.
* Finally, we will make sure your child has a fun and enjoyable experience and will be eager to return again!